Meeting & Event Planning
CONTEXT. CONTENT. CREATIVE.
The three C’s in event planning have never been more relevant than they are today for associations. Nearly every Bostrom client grew their meeting attendance in 2015 and 2016, some with record-breaking attendance numbers. Our approach not only stems from event planning expertise but knowing an association’s mission, goals and content strategy play a key part.
Whether partnering with us for just your meeting or within the realm of full management the solutions provided in this area could include:
- Select and vet sites at least two years in advance.
- Support printing and distribution of meeting materials, including registration and meeting programs.
- Coordinate email and social media communications to market and promote meeting.
- Manage meeting registrations, both online and mailed.
- Develop and/or update a prospectus to solicit vendors and sponsors. Bostrom creates long-term relationship strategies with all sponsor programs to ensure value is met on both sides and future programs and benefits are sustainable.
- Market and manage conference participation of vendors. Vendor management is handled through the meeting department utilizing online platforms such as Cvent or ACGI depending on client needs.
- Provide on‐site staff to organize, coordinate, and supervise on‐site registration, including meeting packets, badges, ribbons, etc. Direct and coordinate activities of volunteer staff.
- Assist in planning for local transportation, as needed.
- Manage AV requirements and negotiate best price.
- Negotiate contracts for all meeting vendors, speakers and events.
- Promote and solicit sponsorships, including providing sponsor exhibit space, advertisement, etc.
- Develop and manage budget to keep registration costs as low as possible and ensure a balanced budget.
- Provide support for abstract management system and process if applicable.
- Support Conference Committee in formulating program and timetable of events.
- Negotiate best pricing for food and beverage services for events such as opening reception, breaks, awards breakfast, and lunch.
- Provide support for meeting website with content updates.
- Select, negotiate and implement a corresponding mobile app as part of an overall mobile strategy.
Bostrom Event Planning Benefits:
- Discounted room rate acquisition due to total client volume.
- Flexible staffing to meet fluctuating requirements during major tradeshows.
- Successful track record for exhibit sales growth.
- Outlined procedure and schedule communication for leadership and staff.
- Diverse experience with tradeshows and events.
It is a pleasure working with the Bostrom meetings team. They are great partners for our staff and members, offer solutions to unique challenges, and are fast on their feet whenever change arises.David Belew