Bostrom seeks an experienced Executive Director (Account Executive) to provide leadership, strategic direction, and oversight of all activities and programs for one or more associations managed by Bostrom. This position would be initially assigned as the Executive Director for DONA International, one of our comprehensive management clients. Eventually, this position will serve as Executive Director for at least two clients.
The Executive Director will lead and grow the organization to achieve its strategic plan with the President and Executive Committee, while building the association’s reputation as an industry leader. The Executive Director will shape the organization’s future in collaboration with a committed and engaged Executive Committee and Board of Directors and the support of a talented staff team.
The ideal candidate will be a results-oriented problem-solver, critical and strategic thinker and excellent communicator, with a style that is collaborative, open, and honest.
- Provide leadership and direction regarding overall association strategy to and in conjunction with the Board of Directors. Ensure a dynamic strategic thinking process with active engagement of Board, volunteers, and staff based on association best practices.
- Apply entrepreneurial skills to the association to maximize potential and drive growth.
- Provide effective guidance to assist the Board in making decisions; proactively advise the Board on policies or programs; effectively implement the Board’s decisions.
- Oversee marketing and promotion initiatives, in coordination with Bostrom’s Marketing Team and DONA’s public relations/marketing independent contractor.
- Oversee educational programming to ensure that the association’s educational offerings and workshops offered by approved trainers are of the highest standards and quality and meet member and potential member needs.
- Develop the revenue/expense budget; monitor actual revenues and expenses compared to the budget and take corrective action when not achieving budget goals.
- Maintain current and identify new sources of revenues and manage expenses and analyze financial trends.
- Attract, align, and manage a high performing staff team. Ensure staff resources and deliverables are focused on association objectives and contracted services.
- Bachelor’s Degree.
- 5 – 10 years of Association Management experience.
- Certified Association Executive (CAE) strongly preferred.
Comp and Benefits as a Bostrom Employee
- Competitive salary
- Full benefits, PTO, and 401k
- 100% paid professional development
Come grow with us!
Bostrom is a proud equal opportunity employer, committed to a welcoming and inclusive work culture. At Bostrom you can b creative, b unique, b yourself! Our inclusive culture encourages our people to bring their authentic, whole selves to work. We respect and value the uniqueness of each member of the Bostrom team and are committed to cultivating a workplace that is welcoming to all. At Bostrom, we believe diversity drives innovation.