Meeting Associate (DC Office)
Are you passionate about the many facets that are part of successful meetings and events? Do you thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced environment? Are you known for your attention to detail, responsiveness and positive attitude? Bostrom is looking for a Meeting Associate to join our Meetings Team! The Meeting Associate assists in the planning, development, and execution of conferences, meetings, and events for professional associations (Bostrom clients). This role is primarily responsible for the operational and logistical activities related to the production of assigned events.
- Meetings Team Support: Provide technical, clerical and administrative assistance.
- Client Services: Carry out the event-related projects assigned to you to ensure that client budgets and deadlines are met, using meeting checklists and planning calendars/timelines.
- Event Logistics: Assist in communicating event logistics to all involved parties; update planning tools; create and send invitations; manage RSVP list; manage event registration.
- Materials and Content: Create and maintain conference apps; schedule, assemble, pack, and ship materials to event site.
- Budget and Vendor Management: Coordinate vendor contracts, invoices, credit applications, deposits, and payments to supplier and hotels.
- Event Support: Act quickly, diplomatically, and in the best interest of the client to resolve pre-event and onsite challenges.
Bachelor’s Degree and 3 years of meeting support experience required. Association experience strongly preferred. Professional demeanor with excellent customer service skills required. Collaborative, team player. Ability to handle multiple projects and tasks simultaneously. Excellent organizational skills.
How to apply:
Please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.