Role at Bostrom
Katie Keel serves as the Executive Director for the Association of Women Surgeons (AWS) and the Association of Women Surgeons Foundation (AWSF). She works closely with the leadership of both associations to focus on strategic growth and development. She is experienced in sponsorship and exhibitor development, fundraising, committee liaison support and meeting management.
Katie has twenty years of experience working with professional membership associations and nonprofit organizations. Before beginning her professional career in association management, Katie cofounded and served as the Executive Director of a statewide, stand-alone nonprofit organization in Portland, Oregon. Her credentials include Masters of Public Administration with emphasis in nonprofit management from Portland State University and Bachelor of Liberal Arts from Michigan State University.
- Having fun and laughing with her daughters, husband, family and friends
- Exploring new places near and far, meeting people and enjoying local cuisine
- Listening to music and dancing – live and in her kitchen
Favorite Places in Chicago
- Two of her favorite restaurants are Half Shell and Tank Noodle
- The Lakefront
- Wrigley Field
- And of course, her parent’s house